Thursday 23 June 2011

I know, I know...

...I'm weird.

Like any person, I have odd little quirks and bugbears (and funnily enough, hating people who use the word bugbears is one of them): if I actually wrote them all down on paper I'd probably have a list as tall as me in heels.

The biggest one, however, is that I can't bear to hear people eat, not even myself, if I'm honest. It's other peoples noise that really makes me twitchy though. This morning, for instance: there's a lady in our office who is perfectly lovely - generous, friendly, kind to animals, and I like her enormously. BUT- every morning she sits and chows down on a breakfast baguette, right behind me. At lunchtime she has a salad, or soup. She's not an overtly noisy eater, she doesn't slurp her soup or chomp crisps with her mouth open, but I can hear her.... this slow, wet, masticating sound that makes me want to rip my ears off.

I've come across worse eaters but even thinking about them is making me cringe. I mean, I'm sitting here listening to Whigfield right now cos I was desperate to have another sound, any sound, in my ears.

I'm a freak.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are a freak at all. When I was on tour a long time ago I shared a dressing room with a bloke who would eat before the show and would discuss the doings of the day at great volume with an open food stuffed mouth. There was a rush away from his seat at each venue. I feel your pain. :-)

    ReplyDelete