Thursday 6 November 2008

Je m'appelle Badger

Off to Paris in the morning with Bezzie Mate, to celebrate the fact that we're 30 and our livers haven't ejected themselves from our bodies yet ...

I've been so busy that I haven't really got myself organised (I only remembered this afternoon that I broke my suitcase in Amsterdam and really need a new one) and it's just dawned on me that in Paris, I'll be expected to speak French.

No biggie really, except for one eeny weeny fact. I am really bad at speaking French. I have embarrassed myself on more occasions than I care to remember with my complete inability to grasp this beautiful, beautiful language. I once asked for "2 glasses of shit and a coffee" in Corsica, and in Morocco asked for (in a really terrible french accent) "le menu de dessert sweets". The english policeman in Allo Allo has got nothing on me.

Merde dans la plage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment