Tuesday 9 September 2008

Solitary Confinement

The Ignorant Kiwi has pissed off on holiday, and by some quirk of fate at the moment I am looking after my workmate's pets. So I'm the only human in a house otherwise inhabited by the lesbian rodents, a juvenile delinquent rabbit and a spoiled and rather tubby cat, who seems to think he's meant to have his breakfast at 6am (he's been disabused of that idea *very* quickly). Am I missing the human contact? Not really. Let's weigh up the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Not having to make conversation with a man I regularly fantasise about hitting over the head with a blunt object

2. 4 furry companions who don't answer back, who are always pleased to see me and think I'm brilliant, solely because I have opposable thumbs and can open the pet food.

3. Being able to play Bruce Springsteen at 8 am and not getting laughed at. Actually, better make that one being able to play Bruce *at all* and not getting laughed at...

4. Being able to watch whatever I want on the telly and always being in charge of the remote.

5. Not having to make sure I'm fully dressed at all times to save Ignorant Kiwi the embarrassment of having to look at a body that's not the best of friends with the treadmill.

6. Hey, there's always the telephone if I'm desperate to have a conversation (and let's face it by the end of the day do I ever want to do that? Erm.....Not so much)

Cons:
1. Being a hair's breadth away from being a mad catlady who smells of wee.

2. That's it.

To be honest, I know I'll be going a bit stir crazy by the end of the week, and sweeping up rabbit poo really is about as much fun as it sounds, but until then I'm cranking up the Bruce and dancing around in my pants. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment